This is a glossary of various player terminology, seen in varying levels of usage among players. Since slang and acronyms are always being invented, along with new games, this list will never be truly complete. Content must be relevant to either the Modern Combat Wiki or the Modern Combat series.
- Aiming Down Sights.
- Refers to Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, the second installment of the series, or simply Black Pegasus.
- Refers to the developers increasing the power of an underpowered game item (such as a weapon) in some way. Usually used when talking about multiplayer.
- Capture the Flag, a game mode for multiplayer.
- Refers to Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation, the third installment in the series, or simply Fallen Nation.
- Firing a weapon without aiming down the sights.
- In-app purchases
- Killed In Action
- Modern Combat. Refers to the series in general.
- MCS/MC1: Modern Combat: Sandstorm
- MC2: Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
- MCD: Modern Combat: Domination
- MC3: Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
- MC4: Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour
- MC5: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Missing In Action
- Refers to the developers reducing any skill, military support or weapon's effectiveness in some way. Usually used when talking about multiplayer.
- Overpowered. Refers to a weapon far superior than the other weapons in the same group.
- Operation. A military mission.
- Private military company: a company that provides armed security services. (Example: Saunders Global Security)
- Single player
- Submachine gun
- Sniper rifle
- Wounded in action
- Refers to Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, the fourth main installment of the series, or simply Zero Hour.